Friday, January 11, 2013

32

Today is my birthday - my first one as a mom. And, for the first time, I completely understand what it means to say, "There's nothing I want for my birthday." It's true. I have absolutely everything I want. I really didn't even think much about my birthday this year. In the past, I've done that when I didn't want to acknowledge that I was getting older - usually because I didn't like where I was in life. But this year, it's because I am so content with my life that I'm not holding onto hope that this year "will be even better".

I am happy! I have a husband who loves me more than I probably even realize. My stepchildren love me and respect me. I have a beautiful, perfect little boy who makes my entire world light up. What more could a woman want? I honestly wouldn't have been disappointed if I'd received no phone calls, no cards, no gifts this year. The fact that I have received a lot of cards, birthday wishes, a sweet gift from my stepdaughter and an absolutely gorgeous necklace from my husband is just so much icing on already fabulous (birthday?) cake.

That doesn't mean, of course, that would I turn down Starbucks gift cards. ;-) I have been blessed with lots of those this year, too! Life is truly good.

1 comment: