Thursday, July 11, 2013

A Toddler's Thoughts

Toddler's Log, Play Date Almost Fifteen Months:

I'm beginning to think Mommy sometimes doesn't know what words mean. She says this word "gross" a lot, but I think she means something to do with the dogs, because she usually says it when I'm playing with them. Today, I was trying to share my Goldfish with my buddy Starbuck, and Mommy saw me let him lick it and then I tried to put it in my mouth and Mommy said, "Oh, no, don't do that! That's gross!" I think she meant to say, "No, that's Starbuck's!"

Later, I figured out I could take my snacks out of my snack cup and put them on the floor. Mommy saw me pick one up off the floor and bring it to my mouth, but before I could eat it (and I really wanted it!) she took it away and said, "No, we don't eat off the floor; that's gross!" The dogs weren't even anywhere around! And even though I cried and threw a fit, she still wouldn't let me finish my snack. Silly mommy.

She also says it's gross when I play in the bowl of water that the dogs drink out of. It's gross when I try to touch the garbage can. It's gross when I put my shoes in my mouth. So, what is it, Mommy? Is "gross" another word for "dog"? Or is "gross" another word for "floor"? Another word for "garbage can"? I'm so confused! I think I will need to do an experiment to figure it out. Tomorrow, I'm going to do a bunch of stuff and see what she says is gross, and whether it has anything to do with the dogs or not. Until then, here's to being gross!

1 comment: