Friday, July 12, 2013

Morning

This is my son in the morning:

5:54 Eyes closed
5:55 Eyes open. "MOMMY!" (hug) "DADDY!" (hug) Sits up. Grabs toe. "Toe! TOOOOOOEEEEE! TOETOETOE. TOE. Toe? Mommy? TOE?" Pokes me in my eye. "EYE!" Laughs as I flinch. Crawls over me and slides off the bed. Grabs dog harness off the floor where I took it off the dog the night before. "Dog. Dog. Dog. DOGGY. DOG." Runs into the adjoining room where said dog has disappeared in an attempt to get away from a hyperactive toddler. Pets dog. "Dog. Buck." (The dog's name is Starbuck.) Runs back into the bedroom and tries to get back on the bed. "Mommy. Eat. Eat?" Makes monkey noises (meaning he wants a banana) and makes the sign for "please". Runs to the door and looks back. "Go?" Signs please.
5:58 Runs back to our bed.

This is me in the morning:

5:54 Eyes closed.
5:55 Eyes closed. Hear son. Get hugged. Get poked in the eye. Flinch. Blink. Blink. Get crawled over. Blink.
5:58 Blink. Groan. Lift son into bed and try to get him to go back to sleep. No luck.
6:00 Breathe a sigh of relief as my absolutely wonderful husband gets up with our son and says, "Let Mommy go back to sleep." Eyes closed. Snore.


No comments:

Post a Comment