Thursday, September 26, 2013

Letter

Dear Elijah,

Wow! Things sure do change, don't they? I was thinking about that recently as several of Mommy's friends are becoming mommies for the first time themselves. Way back a long time ago (a little over 17 months ago, to be exact) when you were first born, Mommy didn't know what to think! I was so excited that you were finally here!



You were so little and perfect and had the cutest little nose I'd ever seen....



But you know... you also cried. Like, nonstop. Nothing I did made you happy. I felt like an idiot, wondered why in the world I thought having a baby was a good idea. I thought I was a horrible mother and that you hated me. When I think back on our days in the hospital after you were born, this picture perfectly sums it up: Blurry, exhausted. (However, it was one of the few times Mommy actually slept!)



I remember thinking I had no idea what to do with a baby and that the doctors and nurses were crazy to let me take you home. I mean, you hated me! Why would you want to come home with me anyway?! Daddy was the only one who could calm you down, so I thought, well, okay. At least he likes his daddy. 

Who would have known then how much we would click now? We have so much fun together! (At least, I have fun with you, and it seems like you have fun with Mommy, too!) You hardly ever cry any more and when you do, a hug from Mommy is usually all you need to feel alllllll better. I love you so much and am so happy that we made it through those first few rough days. :) 







No comments:

Post a Comment